Our Privacy Statement fully complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and represents the industry’s best practice.
Lotus Mendes is dedicated to protecting your privacy. Consistent with our commitment to providing you a helpful and satisfying shopping experience, we have found that collecting Personal Information (as such term is defined below) through the Lotus Mendes website www.heartdesigners.com (the “Site”), and any other communications with you (whether by email, phone or otherwise), helps us better understand the products and services most helpful to you and enriches your overall shopping experience.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information that refers to an individual explicitly or which can be attributed to an identifiable individual. Personal information comprises things such as age, income, date of birth and financial information. Personal Information does not include any grouped information or information which is not attributable to an identifiable individual. We may acquire general analytic information that is not attributable to an identifiable individual from third party service providers to help us in understanding our users’ preferences and behaviors when using the Lotus Mendes website. We may aggregate a selection of different types of information about our customers including age, gender, types of products purchased, frequency of Site visits, Site pages users access most frequently or search terms users enter. Aggregate Information is information that incorporates a number of users, and no single person can be identified by the compiled information. For example, the number of people who shopped at the Lotus Mendes website on a particular day or the number of people who shopped on the Lotus Mendes website who are 23 years of age. Lotus Mendes collects aggregated information for the purposes of better understanding and servicing our customers.
How is Personal Information collected?
Personal Information is gathered through the Lotus Mendes website by Lotus Mendes or our service providers on our behalf when users voluntarily register with Lotus Mendes on the Lotus Mendes website, accept electronic newsletters, use communication services, answer surveys and enter contests and other promotional opportunities provided by or on behalf of Lotus Mendes, when customers make a purchase, and when users utilize the "Forward to a Friend" feature. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; content of e-mails to us. In addition we may receive information about you or your use of the Lotus Mendes website from third parties we work with (including the analytic information described above). When using the Lotus Mendes website, information may also be automatically be gathered from you through the use of the following:
- Pixel Tags/Clear GIFs/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a clear GIF or web beacon) is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of the Lotus Mendes website but not on your computer. When you access these pages, pixel tags create a generic notice of that visit. They ordinarily work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a specific computer visits a specific page. If you turn off cookies the pixel tag will simply detect an anonymous website visit;
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Marketing Opt-In and Opt-Out
When you register for e-mails or for an account with Lotus Mendes, or place an order, your e-mail will automatically be added to our marketing database. You can opt out of our regular update services by clicking 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of any of these e-mails.
Lotus Mendes does not sell or otherwise pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes, and marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by Lotus Mendes.
Lotus Mendes Online Store will at all times comply with its obligations under specific Spam legislation.
We assure you that:
- Lotus Mendes has created policies to give staff education, rules and guidlines in relation to commercial electronic messages.
- You are able to unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time and if at any time there appears to be no way to unsubscribe from the mailing list you will be able to send an email to email@example.com advising us of your wish to unsubscribe. We will then facilitate this on your behalf.
- Lotus Mendes will never use address-harvesting software
To help us combat Spam please ensure:
- If you receive any correspondance which appears to have orginated from Lotus Mendes and could possibly be unauthorised please advise us directly and assume that it is an error until we confirm.
- If you do not want to receive emails from Lotus Mendes please unsubscribe from our mailing list.
- Please update your personal details via your Lotus Mendes online account or notify us of any changes.
Accuracy and Retention
We will keep your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. You can update your Personal Information in the My Account section of the Lotus Mendes website. In circumstances where your Personal Information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus). To access your Personal Information, refer to the Accessing Your Personal Information section below.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
Lotus Mendes will ensure that your Personal Information in our possession or in the possession of our service providers are protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of the following measures:
- physical security measures, such as restricted access facilities, locked filing cabinets, appropriate disposal of Personal Information;
- electronic security measures, such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers, for accessing computerized Personal Information; and
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your Personal Information to a selected group of individuals on a “need to know” basis.
Lotus Mendes uses 128 - bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL is the industry standard.
We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Site Use By Children
Your option not to provide your personal information
Accessing Your Personal Information
You may access your Personal Information by contacting us as described below. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with access to your Personal Information or otherwise allowing you to modify or delete it. We will always respond to any request to access, update or delete Personal Information, and will use reasonable efforts to do so promptly. You can also update your Personal Information directly in the My Account section of the Lotus Mendes website.
Limitation of Liability TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE LOTUS MENDES COMPANIES OR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATED ENTITIES, SUPPLIERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF THESE ENTITIES HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION, UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THE LOTUS MENDES WEBSITE.
Additional Information No transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Lotus Mendes to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, neither Lotus Mendes nor any of our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.